Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 1hour - Serves 5
Switch the pasta sheets for sliced, melt-in-your-mouth aubergine. It goes perfectly with cheesy, tomato sauce & our seasoned chicken mince!
One pack Heck Simply Chicken mince (500g)
1 large aubergine
250g ricotta cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 jar (500ml) tomato sauce
1 shallot (diced)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tsp chilly flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
A handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic, chilly flakes and garlic powder and fry until the shallot becomes translucent.
- Add the chicken mince, salt and pepper to the pan and break the mince up using a spatula or a spoon.
- Lightly cook for around 5 minutes (it will continue to cook in the oven) then mix in the tomato sauce and tomato puree.
- Wash and slice the aubergine.
- Grease a large baking dish with spray oil/ oil (or butter) and layer with half the aubergine slices (cut some of the slices in half to fit in between the larger slices).
- Add the chicken mince mixture on top of the aubergine layer and spread until the aubergine is completely covered.
- Layer half the ricotta and spread over the chicken layer. Add some basil leaves on top of the ricotta.
- Repeat the layers (aubergine - chicken - ricotta) once more.
- Cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve while hot with a sprinkle of fresh basil over the top.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||1.9g||5.7g|
|of which Sugars||2.8g||8.6g|