Prep Time: 15mins - Cooking Time: 40mins - Serves: 4
Combine two much loved favourites, Pasta and Meatballs. Use our Chicken Italia Mince to make the ultimate pasta bake. Whip up a quick homemade Marinara sauce for extra flavour. Serve with bubbling Mozzarella straight from the oven for true weekday comfort food.
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Chicken Italia Seasoned Mince
- 20 - 25 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 large egg
- 70g plain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 128g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 70g shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried chopped parsley
For The Marinara Sauce
- 400g Tinned Tomates
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Dried Oregano
Pre-heat oven to 180'C degrees.
Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to package instruction. Gently stir the shells as the cook to hep prevent them from sticking together. (TIP: Make a few extra shells in the event some tear or stick).
When pasta is slightly uncooked, remove, drain, and lightly rinse.
In a medium bowl, mix together the Chicken Mince, Egg, Breadcrumbs, seasonings and 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese. Roll mixture into 1 ½ inch meatballs, you should make 20 meatballs.
Place all of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Spread sauce into an even layer. Place a meatball securely in each shell. Arrange shells into 5 rows of 5 in the baking dish.
Top the shells with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then the dried parsley.
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.Serve immediately.
For the Marinara Sauce
- Place a frying pan on the hob at a medium to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, toss in the onions and garlic, let this cook until translucent.
- Once the onion is cooked add in the tinned tomatoes then half fill the tomato can with water and it pour into the frying pan.
- Season the sauce with the dried oregano and let it simmer for ten mins on a low heat. Then pour it into the baking dish.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||3.1g||11g|
|of which Sugars||2.4g||8.9g|