Prep Time 20 mins - Cook Time 10-12 mins - Serves 4 as a starter
There's something truly wonderful about pizza rolls, they make for an incredibly moreish, crowd pleasing starter, and they’re super easy to make!
For this recipe I recommend using a skillet/cast iron pan and cooking with a stone temperature of 300c.
100g softened butter
5 gloves of finely minced garlic
A handful of finely diced parsley
A pinch of black pepper
2x 260g Neapolitan Dough balls
150g American Marinara Sauce
200g shredded Mozzarella
A handful of grated Hard Cheese.
- Crumble the sausages into a hot pan, and fry over a medium heat until cooked through, put aside to cool
- Combine the butter ingredients and set to one side.
- Preheat your pizza oven to 300c.
- Stretch a dough ball on a lightly floured surface to a large oval shape, I recommend using a rolling pin for this. Use half the sauce and just under half the shredded mozzarella, top with half the grated hard cheese and half the cooked sausage. Take the bottom edge and begin to roll the dough into a tube.
- Repeat this process with the other dough-ball.
- Grease the cast iron pan with some of the herby garlic butter, and place it in the oven for a moment to allow the butter to melt.
- Slice the dough into roughly inch long segments and place in the pan cheesy side up, gently pat down the rolls to ensure there’s no large gaps in the cast iron, then brush the rest of the butter onto the top of the rolls, and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Place in the pizza oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, with the flame on medium, turning regularly until golden brown and piping hot.
- Allow to cool for a few moments, before delving in.
This recipe has been made for us by Mozzafella!
Mozzafella (Dan Hall) is a multi-award winning UK pizza chef, who operates pizza pop ups throughout Yorkshire, as well as being a brand ambassador for Ooni pizza ovens.
Winner Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Category winner; Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Winner Best pizzeria in England 2019
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||8.8g||24g|
|of which Sugars||1.6g||4.5g|