Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 1
For a super simple fake-away recipe look no further. Why not combine our Chicken Italia and Pork Heck 97 for the ultimate bird & beast calzone that just topped your favorite pizza takeout!
- Half a Pack of Heck 97%
- Half a Pack of Chicken Italia
- Store Bought Pizza Dough (You can make your own)
- 1 Jar Pizza Tomato Base
- Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°c and pan-fry the Heck 97 and Chicken Italia sausages for 15 and 10 minutes, respectively.
- Then chop the sausages into bite sized pieces
- Roll out half your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and repeat for the other half to create two pizza bases
- Spread the tomato sauce over the bases, making sure to leave at least 1 inch around the edges free from the sauce
- Next, top just one base with grated Mozzarella, followed by the chopped sausages, pepperoni and bell pepper
- Fold the other base with just the tomato over the base with the fillings and press down to seal the edges. To ensure the filling won’t leak out, fold the dough back towards the middle and press down again
- Place the Calzone on an oven-proof tray lined with baking paper and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees