Prep time: 10 mins - Cook Time: 20-25 mins - Makes 12 sausage rolls
Sausage rolls make a great picnic or buffet snack and are delicious either hot or cold. Wrap our Heck 97% pork sausages in buttery pastry for little parcels of perfection.
- 1 pack HECK! 97% Pork Sausages
- 3 tsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 250g ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten for brushing
- plain flour for rolling
- 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds, lightly crushed
- 1/4 tsp nigella seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C
- Place block of pastry onto a surface dusted with flour. Roll out the pastry to approximately 30cmx26cm cut in half horizontally.
- In a bowl combine all the sausages together with the freshly chopped sage leaves. Mash together with a fork. Divide the mixture in two.
- Place half the mixture just off centre along the width of the pastry, brush the edge with beaten egg and carefully fold over the pastry, repeat with the other section.
- Cut each long strip into 6 sausages rolls depending on size required, with the blade of the knife crimp the edge.
- on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg, cut 2 little snicks at the top of each sausage roll for decoration.
- Combine the seeds together and sprinkle over the top of the rolls.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until puffed and golden and cooked through, remove to a cooling rack after 5 minutes.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per 53g Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||10.0g||5.3g|
|Of Which Sugars||0.6g||0g|