Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 12 mins - Serves: 4
A simple main that uses our 97% Pork Sausages and is ready in 20 minutes, enjoy hot or cold, perfect for lunch or a picnic.
- 1 pack Heck! 97% Pork Sausages
- 100g Couscous
- 4 small spring onions
- 4 eggs
- 150g Frozen Peas (defrosted)
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto (optional)
- Pan fry the sausages on a medium heat for 12 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Cool slightly and cut each sausage into 5.
- Place the couscous and the salad onions in a heatproof bowl and pour over 150ml of boiling water, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season, then add the peas, tomatoes and sausages.
- Fluff up the couscous mix, with a fork and stir into the egg mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy 25cm (10”) non-stick frying pan, add the frittata mix and cook for 7 minutes, covering with a plate or lid after 4 minutes. Shaking the pan gently every once in a while so that the bottom doesn’t burn. It will however turn golden. The eggs should be just about set.
- Now turn over the Frittata by placing the plate back over the frying pan and turn it out onto a plate using oven mitts. Gently slide back into the pan to cook the other side for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Carefully slide from the pan onto a large round platter. Cut into wedges and top with the sundried tomato pesto.
Serve hot at room temperature, or cold.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||4.5g||10g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.4g||3.2g|