No one wants to miss out on the festive fun by restricting their food, so here is a few simple tips on how you can stay on track with your Keto diet, keeping to low carb foods, without missing out!
- Be sure to use a keto-friendly flour substitute, such as almond flour, for some of your Christmas classics, Broccoli & Cauliflower Gratin for example.
- Your classic meats, such as roast turkey or a ham joint are super Keto friendly so don't hold back!
- Love them or hate them, sprouts are keto friendly! Pan fried with some bacon lardons and parmesan - there you have a super tasty ketogenic dish!
- Mashed potato may be off the menu for you, but that doesn't mean you need to miss out! Mashed cauliflower is a great alternative, packed with butter, parmesan, and sour cream you can't go wrong!
- Alcohol - try to avoid drinks with high carbs such as beer. Spirits such as whiskey, gin & vodka are a great keto-friendly alternative.
Wanting to incorporate some HECK! into your keto diet this Christmas? Follow the link below for some recipe inspiration!