Cook Time: 30-35 mins - Serves: 3-4
- HECK Simply Chicken Chipolatas
- 250g Unsmoked Lardons
- 1 x Large Leek
- 1 Cup x Peas
- 300g Arborio Risotto Rice
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 50g Butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 fan
- In a large hot pan with a little olive oil add the HECK Chipolatas. Cook until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Once cooked, set to one side whilst the risotto cooks.
- To make the risotto, use a large oven proof casserole dish (you’ll need a lid too). Start off by slicing up the leeks and frying off, keep stirring them until they start to soften. Add in the lardons and fry until cooked. Add in the butter and allow to melt.
- Add the risotto rice, cook until the edges go see-through. Then add in the chicken stock and season. All the bubble for around 4-5minutes before reducing the temperature to a low heat. Continue stirring whilst it simmers.
- Remove from the heat, cover with the lid and place in the oven to bake for around 10-12 minutes. It’s fully cooked when the liquid has all been absorbed and the rice is soft.
- Serve up with parmesan and enjoy!