Prep Time: 20mins - Cook Time: 25mins - Serves 2
Our HECK Meat-free sausages taste best when pan-fried. Chop up and serve with baked sweet potato, caramelised red onions, toasted pecans, crumbled vegan cheese, black olives and green leaves. This dish is FULL of flavour!
1 pack Heck Meat-Free Sausages
100g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 large red onion, finely sliced
80g pitted black olives
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup pecan nuts
250g fresh baby spinach, washed
100g vegan feta-style cheeze
Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
A handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 210C.
- Place your sweet potato cubed onto a lined baking tray, toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes or until golden. Toss the sweet potatoes around after 15 minutes to cook them evenly.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan and caramelise the sliced red onion. Add a little salt to season and remove from the pan once caramelised.
- Fry your sausages in the remaining oil until golden then slice and add them back to the pan. Add in the onions, black olives and 1 1⁄2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, then remove from the heat. Toast the pecan nuts in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cook the barley according to packaging instructions, then drain. Wash the spinach in the meantime.
- To a large bowl, add the cooked sweet potato cubes, toasted pecans, cooked barley, onions, olives, sausages and spinach. Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and crumble in the vegan feta cheeze.
- Drizzle with the juice of half a lemon and toss everything to combine, then serve.