Prep Time: 20mins – Cooking Time: 30mins – Serves: 4
If you have ever ventured into a Japanese restaurant, this will be on the menu. Crispy coated chicken with a mildly spicy curry sauce – it’s a curry that the whole family will love. We used our Spring Chicken Mince to create this delicious meal, our mince is already seasoned with Spring Onion, ginger and chilli, for that Authentic Asian Flavour.
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Spring Chicken Mince
- 2 Eggs
- 75g Plain Flour
- 150g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pouch Microwave Rice
Katsu Curry Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 50g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 5 Spring Onions
- 1 Red Chilli
- (Pre – Heat the oven to 180°C and Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Split the mince into four. Then mould each chunk of mince into a large chicken nugget. Put the beaten eggs in one bowl, the flour in another bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Season the flour with the turmeric and 1 tsp curry powder.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process if you need to, to ensure that the chicken is thoroughly coated. Put the chicken onto the lined baking tray, drizzle over the vegetable oil and bake for 25 minutes until cooked.
- For the Katsu sauce, heat the rapeseed oil in a pan over a medium heat, add the onion and carrot and cook for 4–5 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the garlic, curry powder and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and stock and simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring to make sure the peanut butter has dissolved. Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth sauce with a stick blender.
- Pop your pouch of rice in the microwave for 2 minutes. Time to serve, slice up your chicken into strips then drizzle over the Katsu Curry sauce. Garnish with the spring onion and Red Chilli