Prep Time: 40mins - Cooking Time - 1hr - Serves: 6
These deep-fried, arancini balls are great for a starter or snack, made with our Spring Chicken Mince, mixed into a delicious risotto, add some creamy mozzarella for some yummy cheesy gooeyness.
- 1 pack (500g) Heck! Spring Chicken Mince
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 15g Butter
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove, (Minced)
- 150ml Dry White Wine
- 1.2 ltr Vegetable Stock
- 150g Parmesan (Grated)
- 1 lemon (Finely Zested)
- 150g Mozzarella Ball (Chopped into small pieces)
- 200ml Vegetable oil (For deep frying)
- 150g Plain flour
- 3 large eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 150g Fine breadcrumbs Or Pea Crumb
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, fry until translucent, add the Heck! Spring Chicken Mince, cook through, add the garlic.
- Then add the rice, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Poor in the wine. Bring to the boil cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Poor in half the stock and simmer, stirring continuously until most of the stock is absorbed. Add the remaining stock one ladle at a time as the rice absorbs the liquid, stirring until the rice is cooked (approx. 20 to 25 mins)
- Now add the parmesan and lemon and season to taste, spread the risotto out onto a tray, to cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the cooled risotto into equal portions, slightly larger than a golf ball. Flatten in your hand and put a piece of mozzarella in the centre, then enclose the cheese into the rice and roll it into a ball, repeat with the remaining risotto.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Dip each prepared ball into the flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, transfer to a tray and set aside.
- Half fill a large, heavy based saucepan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-low heat until it reads 170c on a cooking thermometer or until a piece of bread turns golden brown within 45 seconds. Lower the balls into the oil in batches and cook for 8-10 mins,or until golden brown and melted in the centre.
- Serve immediately as a starter or a snack dipped into Sweet Chilli Sauce.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||3.2g||14g|
|Of Which Sugars||0.7g||3.0g|