Prep Time: 40mins - Cooking Time - 1hr - Serves: 6
These deep-fried, arancini balls are great for a starter or snack, made with our Spring Chicken Mince, mixed into a delicious risotto, add some creamy mozzarella for some yummy cheesy gooeyness.
- 1 pack (500g) Heck! Spring Chicken Mince
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 500g Risotto Rice
- 15g Butter
- 1 Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove, (Minced)
- 150ml Dry White Wine
- 1.2 ltr Vegetable Stock
- 150g Parmesan (Grated)
- 1 lemon (Finely Zested)
- 150g Mozzarella Ball (Chopped into small pieces)
- 200ml Vegetable oil (For deep frying)
- 150g Plain flour
- 3 large eggs (Lightly Beaten)
- 150g Fine breadcrumbs Or Pea Crumb
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, fry until translucent, add the Heck! Spring Chicken Mince, cook through, add the garlic.
- Then add the rice, stir and cook for a further minute.
- Pour in the wine. Bring to the boil cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Pour in half the stock and simmer, stirring continuously until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Add the remaining stock one ladle at a time as the rice absorbs the liquid, stirring until the rice is cooked (approx. 20 to 25 mins)
- Now add the parmesan and lemon and season to taste, spread the risotto out onto a tray, to cool to room temperature.
- Scoop the cooled risotto into equal portions, slightly larger than a golf ball. Flatten in your hand and put a piece of mozzarella in the centre, then enclose the cheese into the rice and roll it into a ball, repeat with the remaining risotto.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls. Dip each prepared ball into the flour, followed by the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, transfer to a tray and set aside.
- Half fill a large, heavy based saucepan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-low heat until it reads 170c on a cooking thermometer or until a piece of bread turns golden brown within 45 seconds. Lower the balls into the oil in batches and cook for 8-10 mins,or until golden brown and melted in the centre.
- Serve immediately as a starter or a snack dipped into Sweet Chilli Sauce.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||3.2g||14g|
|Of Which Sugars||0.7g||3.0g|