This comforting spicy sausage pasta bake is packed with veggies and makes the perfect mid week family meal.
1 x pack HECK 10 Pork Chipolatas
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp harissa pasta
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 chicken stock cube
250g rigatoni pasta
1 heaped tbsp light cream cheese
30g parmesan, grated
1 ball of mozzarella
- De-skin the sausages. Add the olive oil to a pan, once hot, add the sausages and break up with a spoon. Cook until browned all over then add the peppers and courgette and fry off for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the harissa, tomato puree and garlic and stir through for a minute before then adding the passata, balsamic, cream cheese and chicken stock cube. Season well with black pepper then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water until al dente (around 9 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir through. Transfer to an oven proof dish, tear the mozzarella over and sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Bake in the oven at 190°c for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.