Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 40 mins - Serves: 2
A meaty, Chorizo Sausage Burrito is the perfect family dinner. Wrapped in tortillas with melted Cheddar cheese, these easy-to-prepare burritos have a hearty, Pork and Veg filling.
- 3 Heck! 97% Pork Chorizo-Style Sausages
- 185g red potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 225g Chopped tomato
- ½ tsp coriander
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 large onion
- 1 chilli (finely sliced)
- 2tsp olive oil
- ½ salt
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 50g mature cheddar cheese
- Place your potato cubes in a pan of cold water, bring to boil, take the pan off the heat and let them stand for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes then pat them dry. Mix up the tomato, onion, coriander and lime juice to make your salsa.
- Add the sausages to a medium-hot pan then fry for 12-14 minutes. Until they start to crumble. Add your onion and chilli to the pan the cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove your chorizo mix from the pan then glug some oil into pan and add your potatoes. Cook until they're lightly browned and remove the pan from the heat. Stir in your chorizo mix and salt.
- Heat up your tortillas (according to package directions) then spoon your potatoes mixture into the tortillas and top with salsa and cheese.
- Roll your burritos up tightly, then heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add two burritos to the pan, seam-side down and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with a twist of line and some sour cream.