Prep Time: 5 mins - Cook Time: 45 mins - Serves: 2
This curry dish is super simple and requires minimal ingredients as the chicken mince is already full of flavour! Even with far fewer ingredients than a typical curry, the taste is just as good!
1 pack Heck Spring Chicken mince (500g)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 can (400ml) coconut milk
1 red onion (diced)
170g cherry tomatoes (chopped)
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
A sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Add the oil to a large pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent, then add the tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir in.
- Next, add the chicken mince, salt and pepper and break the mince up using a spatula. Mix everything together and fry for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour 80 ml of water into the pan, cover with a lid and keep on a low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the can of coconut milk and cover, leave to simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve while hot with a side of brown rice and sprinkle some coriander over the top.