Cook Time: 60-70 mins - Serves: 2-3
Make this casserole ahead of time - you’ll feel like super Mum/Dad! Fill your bellies with goodness after a busy day out & about.
- HECK Pork & Apple Sausages
- 1 x Cox Apple
- 200g Lardons
- 225g Small Shallots
- 1tbsp Plain Flour
- 375ml Cider
- 1 Clove Crushed Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Fresh Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 fan
- In a large casserole dish, heat to a medium temperature and add a little oil, add in the sausages, and cook until nicely browned.
- Once browned, remove them from the pan and add in the lardons and shallots to fry. Once golden, add in the flour to soak up the juices, gradually stir in the cider.
- Pop the sausages back into the dish, along with the crushed garlic, bay leaf, thyme and some ground pepper.
- Place the lid onto the casserole dish and transfer it to the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Whilst the casserole cooks, slice up the apple (core it too) and fry in a little butter. Add them to the dish once everything has cooked.
- Serve up with some potatoes and greens.