Prep time: 10mins - Cook time: 15 mins (60-90 secs for the pizza) - Serves 2
I came up with this combination a few years ago at Bonfire Night when I wanted to try and take the elements of pie and peas and put an Italian twist on it. What resulted was the Peanist, featuring Italian sausage, fennel seeds, and a pea and mint Gremolata. It’s become so popular, it’s often on the menu through the entire year. This is a Bianca pizza, meaning it has no sauce.
This gremolata makes enough for 4 pizzas, and can be kept in the fridge for a few days, it also works well as a stir into pasta.
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
260g Neapolitan Dough ball
Pea and Mint Gremolata:
90g frozen Petis Pois
4 peeled cloves of Garlic
20g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
One handful chopped Parsley
One handful Mint Leaves
A pinch of Pepper.
- In a bowl, add the fennel seeds, and pork italia, knead together until the seeds are combined, at this point add to a hot frying pan and break up with a spoon, fry the mince.
- Allow to cool
- Preheat your pizza oven to 450c
- Take one 260g Neapolitan dough ball and stretch to around 11”
- Top with a handful of Fior di latte mozzarella, a good pinch of gran forma and a handful of precooked sausage, cook for 60-90 seconds at 450c, turning regularly.
- After the cook, drizzle the pea and mint Gremolata generously over the pizza, slice and serve!
This recipe has been made for us by Mozzafella!
Mozzafella (Dan Hall) is a multi-award winning UK pizza chef, who operates pizza pop ups throughout Yorkshire, as well as being a brand ambassador for Ooni pizza ovens.
Winner Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Category winner; Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Winner Best pizzeria in England 2019
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||2.4g||5.5g|
|of which Sugars||2.2g||5.0g|