Prep Time: 15mins - Cooking Time: 25mins - Serves: 6
A traditional Moroccan recipe, was the inspiration for this savory pie. The dish consists of our Moroccan Mince and Apricot filling sandwiched between layers of crispy filo pastry, the Perfect Pie Parcel!
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Moroccan Chicken Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 75g dried apricots
- 50g pine nuts
- Handful fresh parsley
- 8 filo pastry sheets
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan, once hot, add the onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the mince and break up with the back of a spoon, cooking for 5-6 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the chopped apricots, pine nuts and chopped parsley and stir together. Leave to cool
- Place the first sheet of filo pastry into a 20cm round oven dish, leaving the edges overhanging, then brush lightly all over with melted butter, repeat with all 8 sheets until you have created a case.
- Spoon in the cooled filling, then fold the overhanging filo pastry back on its self, brushing each piece with melted butter until the top is fully enclosed.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.