Prep time: 15mins - Cooking Time: 35mins - Serves: 2
A simple classic! Heck! Hot Dogs and thick cut wedges - in this recipe we’re showing you how to create the perfect potato wedges to go alongside your Heck! Meat-Free Sausages!
- 2 hot dog buns
- 4 Heck! Meat-Free Sausages
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Vegan garlic mayo
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- 400g potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp fine sea salt
- 50g garden peas
- Place the freshly cut potato wedges into a large mixing bowl, and fully submerge the potatoes in water. Sprinkle a tablespoon of baking soda into the water and set them aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse, then dry off the potatoes with a clean kitchen towel.
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Place the potatoes back into the empty bowl, drizzle with sunflower oil and add your seasoning: paprika powder, thyme, rosemary and sea salt.
- Toss in the bowl to evenly coat the wedges, then transfer them to a lined baking tray in a single layer and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they are golden and lightly crispy on the edges.
- In the meantime, fry your sausages in a little oil.
- In a saucepan, toss the red onion in a little oil over medium heat. Add the salt and allow for the onion to soften and caramelise for about 10 minutes.
- Assemble your hot dogs! Slice the hot dog buns, spread with vegan garlic mayo, add your sauerkraut, then top with the sausages and caramelised red onion. Drizzle more mayo on top, if you’re feeling fancy.
- Serve with peas, crispy wedges and a little ketchup!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.9g||4.3g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.4g||11g|