Prep time: 10 mins - Cook time: 10 mins - Serves 2
Burgers for breakfast - who would say no to that? Served in a freshly toasted English muffin and topped with chilli jam, vegan bacon & hash browns, this tasty breakfast burger simply screams ‘more’!
2 Meat Free Burgers
1 tsp olive oil
4 sliced of vegan bacon
2 slices vegan cheese (cheddar style)
2 English muffins, sliced and freshly toasted
2 tbsp chilli jam
A handful of fresh lettuce
2 gherkins, sliced (optional)
2 tbsp store-bought guacamole
2 hash browns, baked or air-fried
For the sauce:
2 tbsp vegan mayo
1 tbsp sriracha
¼ tsp smoked paprika powder
A dash of water
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and fry your burgers and vegan bacon until golden on other sites.
- In the meantime, slice and toast your English muffins.
- To melt the vegan cheese perfectly on to your burgers, place the cheese on top of the burger inside the skillet, put a dash of water into the skillet next to the burger and then cover the skillet with a lid. Remove from the heat and and take off the lid after 20 seconds and your cheese will be perfectly melted.
- To assemble your breakfast burgers, spread half of the chilli jam onto the bottom half of the muffin. Then top with lettuce, burger/cheese, gherkins, vegan bacon, guacamole, and hash brown.
- Finally, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over the top. Then place the top half of your muffin on top and you're ready to dig in!
|per 100g||per person|
|of which Saturates||4.3g||16g|
|of which Sugars||1.5g||5.3g|