Delicious sausage, egg & cheese muffins, an impressive choice for a weekend breakfast! If you’ve got a load of hungry kids in the house after a sleepover, these are perfect as can be made in advance, frozen and then reheated in the microwave.
- 1 Pack Heck 97% Pork Sausages
- 30g of butter, (Melted)
- 6 x eggs (Beaten)
- 220g Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 50g Spring Onions (Chopped)
- 80ml Milk
- 250g of Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Add a muffin case to each of the 12 holes in your tray.
- Place a frying pan on the hob on a medium to high heat.
- Remove the sausage skins and break the meat up into the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes until browned off then remove from the heat & set to one side.
- In a mixing bowl sieve the flour. Add the baking powder & salt and mix thoroughly.
- Add the melted butter and give another good stir.
- Now add the eggs & milk and stir until all the ingredients are combined. You will end up with a batter.
- Add the sausage meat, grated cheese and spring onions. Using your wooden spoon fold these ingredients into the batter.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin cases until you’ve used it all up.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes. To check the muffins are cooked, poke a skewer or a tooth pick into the middle of the muffin and check that it comes out dry.
- Serve with a dollop of your favourite sauce!
These can be frozen and eaten at a later date. To reheat simply place in the microwave for 1 minute with a damp paper towel covering the top of the muffins.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 201g Portion
(2 Sausages = 117g)
|Of Which Saturates||8.7g||17g|
|Of Which Sugars||0.6g||1.2g|