Prep Time: 10 mins Cook time: 10 mins – Serves 2
The green beast! Created with the Heck Vegan Italia Burgers alongside dairy-free basil pesto, rocket salad and a delicious pesto mayonnaise, bringing you the wonderful flavours of Genoa.
- 2 Vegan Italia Burgers
- A little oil for frying
- 2 vegan-friendly burger buns (go for green ones if you’re feeling extra fancy!)
- 1 beef tomato, sliced (you’ll need 2 slices)
- A handful of rocket salad
- 3 tbsp vegan-friendly basil pesto
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- A sprinkle of black pepper
- 2 slices vegan meltable cheese
- Prepare the Heck Vegan Italia burger according to the packaging instructions in a little oil until golden on both sides.
- Toast your burger buns, then spread 1⁄2 tbsp of vegan pesto onto each bottom bun.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the pesto with the vegan mayo until smooth, then stir in the lemon juice and black pepper.
- Place half of the rocket salad onto each bottom burger bun, then top with the burger patty, a slice of tomato and a slice of vegan cheese. If you want it to be extra melty, place it under the grill for 2-3 minutes. Spread the pesto mayo across the top buns and the melted cheeze and place the bun on top to finish the burgers.
- Time to dig in!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per portion|
|of which Saturates||2.5g||5.0g|
|of which Sugars||3.4g||6.8g|