Prep time: 1hr 15 mins - Cook time: 30 mins - Serves 2
Mouth-wateringly good slices of pizza! If you don’t want to eat both pizzas at once, why not put one in the freezer for another day? You could always add some fresh toppings when you come to eat it? Home-made pizza is always good fun, so get the rest of the family involved!
240g of strong white flour
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of yeast
150ml of water
15ml of olive oil
Either use ready-made passata
1 tin of tomatoes
1 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 pinch of dried herbs
1 pinch of sugar
4 Simply Chicken Chipolatas
200g of mozzarella cheese, grated
120g of fig preserve
1 white onion, sliced
1 tbsp of brown Sugar
Splash of oil
Handful of basil leaves
4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Turn the grill on and place your chipolatas underneath. Grill for 12-15 minutes, remembering to turn half way for an even browning.
- To caramelise the onions, place your onions in a frying pan over a low heat with the brown sugar and a little oil. Give a good stir and cover with a lid. Leave to cook for about 30-45 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- If you’re making your own sauce, put all the ingredients in a pan. Bring to the boil on the hob then simmer gently for 15mins.
- Remove the chipolatas from the grill and leave to one side.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering put the flour, salt and yeast into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle begin to add the water slowly, kneading with your hands so the contents combine & forms a dough. You may not need all the water, so add a little bit at a time.
- Put the ball of dough into a bowl and leave to rise while you prepare the toppings.
- Once risen, put the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a circular base.
- Transfer the dough onto a greased baking tray (or a silicon non-stick tray).
- Spread the sauce over the dough with a spatula or the back of a spoon, leaving a bit of space round the edge so you make a crust.
- Dollop the fig preserve on top of the sauce and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the sauce.
- Chop your chipolatas with either a pair of scissors or a knife and add to the pizza. Once loaded, leave to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the fan oven to 220 degrees C.
- Place your pizzas in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and to serve, top with basil leaves and spring onion.
- Slice and enjoy with your favourite sauce!