This is a superbly satisfying Italian pasta dish. We used our Simply Chicken Mince, Olives and Red Chilli in a tomato sauce, then stuffed into pasta shells and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- 1 Pack Heck! Simply Chicken Mince
- 200g Conchiglioni large pasta shells
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 chillies, (finely chopped)
- 375g Passata
- 50g Green Olives
- 5g Thyme
- 80g Plum Tomatoes, (roughly chopped)
- 1tsp balsamic Vinegar
- 20g pine nuts
- Sauté the onion, garlic and chilli in a deep-frying pan until brown. Add the Chicken Mince to the pan, until cooked through and browning.
- Add the passata, roughly chopped olives and simmer for 10 minutes. Towards the end of the simmer, add thyme, salt and pepper, roughly chopped plum tomatoes, and balsamic.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente in salted water – this will help keep the pasta in its shell shape until you stuff them!
- Once everything is cooked it’s time to assemble; using a teaspoon, hold a pasta shell (having cooled them!) in one hand and spoon in some of the mixture and set in a serving dish or pan. Repeat for all shells – it takes a little bit of time but it’s well worth it.
- Put the dish in the oven for a couple of minutes for the pasta to crisp up and warm through.
- Finish with some lightly toasted pine nuts, a sparkling of parmesan and more thyme.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
|Of Which Saturates||0.7g||2.3g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.5g||8.2g|