Ever wanted to make your own pasta? Here's your chance with our easy Chicken Italia Mince and Ricotta Tortellini. Show off to your friends and family with this great dish!
- 1 pack Chicken Italia mince (500g)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tub Ricotta
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 400g Plain flour
- 4 Eggs
- 30g Butter
- 3 Sage leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 15g toasted Pine nuts
- Place the flour in a bowl and create a well in the center
- Crack all the eggs into the well and slowly begin to whisk with a fork to combine, once it is slightly coming together it may be easier to use your hands!
- When the dough has fully come together, tip onto a lightly floured surface and kneed for 5— 8 mins. The dough should be firm, shiny and spring back when you place your finger on it
- Wrap the dough up and chill in the fridge while you crack on with the filling
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry off the mince
- In a bowl mix the ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg and a sprinkle of black pepper
- Remove the mince from the heat and add tip into the ricotta and mix well
- Remove the dough from the fridge, cut in half and roll each half to about 2—3 cm thick, set the dial to the widest setting and pass the pasta through twice
- Repeat this step on each lower setting until you reach number 2, you should be able to see your fingers through the long sheet of pasta by this point
- Bring a pan of water to boil then using a large cookie cutter cut out the circles of pasta , dollop a teaspoon of the filling on half of the lids, keeping the other half for the lids
- Place the lids over the filling and seal with your fingers, almost crimping the edges—use a fork here for a pretty pattern around the edges if you wish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and once fully melted skim off the white fat solids so you’re left with a clear butter, throw in the sage and leave to drizzle at the end
- Place about 5 of the tortellini into the pan of boiling water and cook for 4 mins, cooking in batches is the easiest way!
- Drain the pasta and dish up, finish by drizzling over the sage infused butter and toasted pine nuts.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||5.4g||12g|
|of which Sugars||0.9g||2.0g|