Prep time: 15mins - Cook time: 45mins - Serves: 2
This deeply flavourful, rich and down right addictive Caribbean Brown Stew Chicken Recipe starts with chicken that has been intensely marinated in a variety of aromatic spices.
- 1 Pack Heck! Simply Chicken Burgers
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- 250g White Rice
- 1 Brown Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 tsp All-purpose Seasoning
- 1 tsp Gravy Browning
- Roll the Simply Chicken Burgers into four meatballs
- Slice the onion and peppers
- Mix the onion, peppers and the meatballs together and add 1tsp of all-purpose seasoning and 1tsp of browning
- Mix well, place into the fridge and let it rest overnight.
- Remove the veg and meatballs from the fridge.
- Pop a frying pan on the hob with a drizzle of oil on a medium heat.
- Fry meatballs until browned and add all the sliced vegetables.
- Add the sprig of thyme, hot sauce, ketchup and water.
- You can add more browning & seasoning to taste.
- If you want to thicken the sauce you can add chicken gravy or cornstarch
- Let the stew simmer for 30 minutes
- Serve with white rice for a delicious treat!