Prep time: 15–20mins – Cook time: 25–30 mins – Serves: 2
There are no carbs in this recipe, making this burger (almost) guilt free!
- 2 Steak and Butter burgers
- 1- 2 handfuls of grated cheese, ideally Cheddar but any will do
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 pack of bacon lardons
- 2 spring onions, sliced, to garnish
- Special burger sauce, to drizzle over (available in supermarkets)
- Heat the oven up to 180°C. While the oven is heating up, get the burgers on a lined baking tray. Flatten the burgers gently with your hands, then use a little ramekin to make a well in the middle. Keeping the ramekin in the burger, build the sides up to make the walls of the “bowl”. Pull the ramekin out gently and mould the burger bowls if needed.
- Fry the bacon lardons until cooked
- Layer the grated cheese into the burger, then add the sliced tomatoes, cooked bacon lardons and the final layer on cheese on top.
- Place in the oven with foil on top of the burgers for 25 mins. Take the foil off and put back in the oven for 3 – 5 mins to brown off the top layer of cheese.
- Drizzle the special burger sauce over the top of the burgers, and then sprinkle the spring onion over.
- Serve with a few green leaves, if you wish. Enjoy!
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||6.4g||17g|
|of which Sugars||1.1g||3.1g|