1 pack HECK Super Greens Balls
2 wholewheat pitta breads
50g tzatziki (shop bought is fine)
For the slaw
200ml natural yoghurt
Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
100g each of white and red cabbage, shredded
80g red onion, finely sliced
40g kale, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
For the pickle
130g spiralized raw, peeled beetroot (cut into matchsticks if you don’t have a spiralizer)
1 small fresh red chilli, sliced
110ml white wine vinegar
30g white Sugar
GO Gluten-Free! Make a simple food swap to make this recipe gluten-free. Replace the regular pittas with gluten-free ones or omit them altogether and serve the kebabs and pickle/slaw with a crisp, green salad.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / gas mark 5.
- Put the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and heat on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the chilli and beetroot to a bowl and pour over the water, sugar and vinegar mix. Allow the mixture to cool and then place in the fridge (this can be prepared the night before and will help the flavours develop too).
- For the slaw, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste (again, the slaw can also be prepared the night before and refrigerated, or simply prepare it on the day).
- Place the Super Greens Balls onto skewers (allow four balls per skewer), place them on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 mins.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and place on the BBQ with the pittas for a few minutes more.
- Load the pittas with the balls, slaw and pickle to serve.