Serves two (if youâ€™re feeling hungry) or four as a light snack
4 HECK Nuts About Cheese Sausages
2 white onions
2 to 3 tablespoons chilli jam
15ml vegetable oil
4 brioche hotdog buns
Ketchup & fries to serve
GO Gluten-Free! Make a simple food swap to make this recipe gluten-free. Replace the brioche bun for a gluten-free bun or use baby gem lettuce leaves as the bun top and bottom.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Gently heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Finely slice the onions and add to the pan. Cook on a low/medium heat for 10-15 minutes until nicely golden but not brown (two minutes before the onions are ready, add the chilli jam and mix thoroughly).
- Whilst cooking the onions, place the sausages under a medium grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning frequently.
- Build your hotdogs and place a big spoonful of the chilli jam onions on top of each sausage.
- Serve with a nice dollop of ketchup and your favourite fries.