Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
12 HECK Sweet Fusion Sausages
25g Thai basil leaves
12g fresh coriander
12g fresh mint
3 cloves garlic
40g roasted peanuts
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
1 lime - juiced
80ml light olive oil
3 baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
60g roasted cashew nuts
2 red chillies cut into fine strips
- Pre-heat the grill to medium temperature
- To make the Thai pesto, pulse the Thai basil, coriander and fresh mint together in a food processor.
- Add in garlic cloves and peanuts and give it another quick pulse.
- Add in the soy sauce, fish sauce (if using) and olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- Pour and store the contents into a glass jar or container. Drizzle a thin layer of olive oil on top of the pesto. This will keep the colour, so it stays looking fresh. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put thesausages onto a grill tray and place under the pre-heated grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown and cooked through.
- Spread out four plates and place four baby gem leaves, curved upwards, onto each plate. Cut the sausages into quarters and distribute these evenly into the centre of each leaf.
- Drizzle over some of the Thai pesto and then scatter over the roasted cashew nuts and some strips of red chilli.
- Serve with a small dip pot of the Thai pesto for people to help themselves.
Pssttt… this is a gluten free recipe!