These are so yummy, you are sure to want them for breakfast or for picnics, see suggested tip below for picnics.
Preparation time: 5 -10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 -15 minutes, cooking 3 pancakes at a time
Makes 12 pancakes
1 pack of HECK Naked Pork Sausages
115g self-raising flour
½ tsp Bicarbonate soda
1 large egg
50ml 0% Natural Greek Yogurt
150ml semi skimmed milk
Cracked black pepper and salt
2tsp vegetable oil
- Grill the sausages for 12 minutes under a medium grill.
- Meanwhile: Sift the flour and bicarbonate soda into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt and milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ½ the liquid, beat together with a balloon whisk to make a smooth batter, add the remainder of the liquid and season with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan, add some of the oil and allow to heat, then drop 2 dessertspoons of the batter into the pan to make each pancake. Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear, this takes about 2 minutes. Flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife to cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Lift pancakes onto a cooling rack that is covered with kitchen towel and place more kitchen towel lightly on the top. Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- Cut the sausages into quarters and layer 6 quarter sausages between 3 pancakes. Serve with a lovely dollop of tomato ketchup.
This recipe uses Naked Pork sausages, but works equally well with Naked Chicken sausages!