Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 - 25 minutes
Makes 12 sausage rolls
1 pack Of HECK Naked Pork Sausages
3 tsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
250g ready-made Puff pastry
egg, beaten for brushing
plain flour for rolling
1/2 tsp sunflower seeds, lightly crushed
¼ tsp Nigella seeds
Oven temperature: 200ËšC/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6
- Place block of pastry onto a surface dusted with flour. Roll out the pastry to approximately 30cm x 26cm cut in half horizontally.
- In a bowl combine all the sausages together with the freshly chopped sage leaves. Mash together with a fork. Divide the mixture ain two.
- Place half the mixture just off centre along the width of the pastry, brush the edge with beaten egg and carefully fold over the pastry, repeat with the other section.
- Cut each long strip into 6 sausages rolls depending on size required, with the blade of the knife crimp the edge.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg, cut 2 little snicks at the top of each sausage roll for decoration.
- Combine the seeds together and sprinkle over the top of the rolls.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until puffed and golden and cooked through, remove to a cooling rack after 5 minutes.
Tip 1. Other seeds can be used like caraway or sesame for the topping
Tip 2. If you like chutney add this to the top of the sausage meat before folding over the pastry.
This recipe uses Naked Pork sausages, but works equally well with Naked Chicken sausages!