In Italy leftover pasta is often recycled into a frittata. We decided to do the same with some couscous and sausages, absolutely fab!!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
4 HECK Naked Pork sausage
4 small spring onions
150g frozen peas defrosted
5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tsp mild olive oil
Cracked black pepper and salt
1 tbsp sundried tomato pesto (optional)
- Grill the sausages under a medium grill for 12 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Cool slightly and cut each sausage into 5.
- Place the couscous and the salad onions in a heatproof bowl and pour over 150ml of boiling water, set aside for 5 minutes
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season, then add the peas, tomatoes and sausages.
- Fluff up the couscous mix, with a fork and stir into the egg mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy 25cm (10”) nonstick frying pan, add the frittata mix and cook for 7 minutes, covering with a plate or lid after 4 minutes. Shaking the pan gently every once in a while so that the bottom doesn’t burn. It will however turn golden. The eggs should be just about set.
- Now turn over the Frittata by placing the plate back over the frying pan and turn it out onto a plate using oven mitts. Gently slide back into the pan to cook the other side for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Carefully slide from the pan onto a large round platter. Cut into wedges and top with the sundried tomato pesto. Serve hot at room temperature, or cold.
TIP: If you have an omelette pan 20cm, then divide mixture in two and cook 2 separate Frittata’s, in this size they are also easier to turn over.