Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
8 HECK Smoky Paprika Chipolatas
1 white onion, sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 green chilli, sliced
1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika
225g long grain rice (easy cook)
400ml chicken stock
60g diced chorizo
40ml olive oil
12 cooked king prawns
Pinch of sea salt
- In a large frying pan add a splash of olive oil then the onion and chorizo. Cook over a high hear for 5 minutes then add the sliced peppers, chilli & garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and the rice and stir well so the rice is coated in all of the spices. Pour over the chicken stock and stir, then cover the pan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- While the rice mixture is cooking, fry or grill your sausages until they are cooked and golden brown. This should take about 12-15 minutes
- Throw in the prawns and chop in the cooked sausages.
- The jambalaya is now ready so serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe uses our Smoky Paprika Chicken chipolatas but works equally well with other HECK chicken varieties.