Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
For the Gnocchi
10 HECK Smoky Paprika chipolatas
400g of ready to cook gnocchi
1 red chilli, deseeded & finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp of fennel seeds
1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
525g of passata
100ml of red wine
1 tsp of white sugar
low-fat crème fraiche
For the Salad
300g pack of fine green beans
200g of kale
20ml of cider vinegar
15ml of light olive oil
20g toasted flaked almonds
25g smoked pancetta
- Fill 1 large pan with water and place onto a high heat until it comes up to the boil.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the sausage meat out of the sausages and add them to a large pan with a touch of olive oil and brown off the sausage meat.
- Add the garlic, chilli, paprika, and fennel. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes making sure not to burn your garlic. Add the red wine. When the wine has evaporated, add the passata and sugar. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- In a separate frying pan, add the pancetta and cook on a low heat until golden. Remove pancetta from the pan then add the almonds and cook till they are toasted. Turn hob off and set to one side.
- By this time your water should be boiling. Add the kale and green beans to the water and boil for 4 mins.
- As the veg is cooking, in a large serving bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil and cider vinegar.
- Using a draining spoon, remove the veg from the pan making sure you keep the water as this can be used for your gnocchi. Add the veg to the bowl with the oil and cider vinegar and toss, then scatter the pancetta almonds over the top of your greens, this is now ready.
- Add your gnocchi to the water and cook until it floats. This should take about 2 minutes. Drain, then add the gnocchi to the meat mix.
- On one half of the plate scatter the dressed vegetables.
- On the other half spoon on the smoky mix and gnocchi.
- Place a dollop of crème fraiche over the sausage mix and serve.
This recipe uses Smoky Paprika Chicken chipolatas but works equally well with our other chicken varieties!