Prep: time 15 mins
Cook: time 1hr 40 mins
10 HECK Simply Chicken chipolatas
3 large carrots
½ a celeriac
1 red onion
2 large sweet potatoes
Oil cooking spray(low cal)
Zest of 1 lemon
A small bunch basil
A small bunch parsley (flat leaf or curly)
- Preheat the oven to 180° Peel the onion, and slice into 8 segments. Now peal all the other vegetables and cut into roughly equal size pieces around 2cm square.
- Use a large shallow roasting tray and a sheet of foil, or a large shallow casserole dish with a lid. Pile all the vegetables into the dish and mix well. Spray the vegetables with 6-8 sprays of oil, season with a few grinds of black pepper and mix again with a spatula to make sure all the vegetables are coated in the spray. Pop the lid on or cover with foil and put in the oven for 1 hour. After 30 minutes, take out and mix to prevent the veggies sticking to the pan.
- At the end of an hour, add the sausages to the pan with a further 3-4 sprays and mix again. Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, zest the lemon and roughly chop the basil and parsley together.
- Using the point of a sharp knife, test the vegetables to make sure that they are tender and cooked throughout. When ready to serve, add the herbs and lemon zest and stir round to distribute thoroughly.
- When you’re dishing up you could serve with a vibrant green salad on the side.
This recipe uses Simply Chicken chipolatas but works equally well with other HECK Chicken sausages.