The ultimate roasties recipe with added veg and of course sausages. Another great lunchbox idea, really easy and quick to prepare, just let the oven do the work.
1 pack of your favourite Heck sausages, either pork, chicken or vegan.
6 Maris Piper Potatoes.
100g of Duck or Goose Fat.
2 cloves of Garlic, either crushed or diced.
2 sprigs of Rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped.
½ a Butternut Squash.
1 pack of Green Beans.
200g of Mushrooms.
- First of all, set your oven to 200°C and place a roasting tin in to heat up.
- Fry off the sausages in a pan and cut each sausage into 4 or 5 pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 4, or roughly 5cm pieces.
- Drop the potatoes into a large pan of boiling water, add a little salt and simmer for 2 minutes to part cook them.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, put 100g of duck or goose fat into the roasting pan in the oven and heat for a few minutes to ensure it’s really hot.
- Dice up the butternut squash, take the ends off the green beans and cut the mushrooms in half.
- Once the potatoes have part boiled drain them in a colander and shake back and forth a few times to fluff them up.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 180°C and put the drained potatoes into the hot roasting tin along with the butternut squash, green beans and mushrooms and cook for around 40 minutes.
- Take the roasting tin out of the oven to turn the potatoes and veg. Add in the garlic and rosemary and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes have been cooked, they should be golden brown, crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Sprinkle with sea salt, mix the cooked sausages in and serve.