Create this meal for your loved one with PECK heart sausages, it can also be created with our HECK Fair & Square sausages.
2 PECK Heart Sausages (available in February) or Fair & Square sausages cut to shape!
275g new potatoes, boiled for 5 minutes and grated
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot or small onion halved and thinly diced
1 cloves garlic, crushed
110g baby chestnut mushrooms, sliced
150ml dry Champagne or sparkling wine (can be substituted with a good vegetable or chicken stock)
50ml vegetable stock
75ml crème fraiche
85g fresh spinach
Sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley for serving
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Cook the sausages under a medium grill for 18 – 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat ½ the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the diced onions, garlic and mushrooms, fry 5 – 8 minutes until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Season the grated potatoes, divide into 2, dust hands with flour and bring the potatoes together to make 2 potato cakes. In another fry pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the potatoes over a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pour the stock and the Champagne into the pan with the mushrooms; increase the heat until the liquid is reduced to a 1/3.
- Combine the crème fraiche and seasoning in a small bowl and then add to the frying pan and stir until mixture has thickened.
- Place the spinach in a pan with 1 tbsp of boiling water, cover and cook for 30 seconds to a minute to allow the spinach to wilt down.