8 HECK Chicken Italia Sausages
8 slices ciabatta bread
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, finely diced
2 medium tomatoes, deseeded & diced
7 basil leaves, torn
1 large ball Mozzarella cheese, torn
55g grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled
Olive oil to drizzle
(Tip: cook the sausages the day before and keep in the fridge until needed)
GO G-F! Make a simple food swap to make this recipe gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread in place of regular bread.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c or 180°c fan. Place the sausages on a baking tray and cook for 10 – 12 min.
- As they are cooking, place the bread under a medium grill and toast each side for 1 - 2min.
- Mix the passata with the basil, season to taste and keep to one side along with the prepared peppers, tomatoes, onion.
- Rub the garlic clove over the one side of each slice of bread.
- When the sausages are cooked, slice each into five pieces.
- Place the toasted bread slices on a large baking tray, spooning equal quantities of the passata and basil mix onto the top of each slice.
- Do the same with the peppers, tomatoes, onion and sausages.
- Finally top each pizza slice with some mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Place under the grill for 3-5 min until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
This recipe uses Chicken Italia chipolatas, but works equally well with our other Chicken sausages! Spring, Simply, Naked, Smoky Paprika, Zesty or Spring. You could also try it with out Thai-Style Turkey chipolatas!