A quick and easy to assemble lunch that's healthy too using low-fat chicken sausages that are packed with protein.
8 HECK Chicken Italia Sausages
4 medium eggs plus 2 yolks
1 tbsp olive oil
3 slices Parma ham
180g Greek yoghurt
1 clove of garlic
Juice & zest 1 lemon
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
1 cucumber, sliced and cut in to half moons
4 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
4 little gem lettuce, washed and leaves roughly torn
50g Parmesan cheese shavings
GO G-F! Make a simple food swap to make this recipe gluten-free. Use gluten-free croutons in place of regular ones.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and cook for 5 mins then remove from the heat and run under cold water.
- Grill the sausages for 10 mins.
- As they’re cooking, make the dressing – put the yoghurt, egg yolks, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice/zest in a blender, blitz and then season to taste.
- On a large serving plate, toss to cucumber, celery and torn lettuce leaves together.
- When the sausages are cooked, remove from the grill and keep to one side.
- Place the Parma ham under the grill for 3 mins until crispy.
- Slice each sausage into three pieces and scatter over the salad, then drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Peel the eggs and cut into halves. Roughly chop the grilled Parma ham and scatter with the eggs, Parmesan and croutons on top to serve.