A quick and easy to assemble lunch that's healthy too using low-fat chicken sausages that are packed with protein.
8 HECK Chicken Italia Sausages
4 medium eggs plus 2 yolks
1 tbsp olive oil
3 slices Parma ham
180g Greek yoghurt
1 clove of garlic
Juice & zest 1 lemon
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
1 cucumber, sliced and cut in to half moons
4 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
4 little gem lettuce, washed and leaves roughly torn
50g Parmesan cheese shavings
GO G-F! Make a simple food swap to make this recipe gluten-free. Use gluten-free croutons in place of regular ones.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and cook for 5 mins then remove from the heat and run under cold water.
- Grill the sausages for 10 mins.
- As they’re cooking, make the dressing – put the yoghurt, egg yolks, anchovies, garlic and lemon juice/zest in a blender, blitz and then season to taste.
- On a large serving plate, toss to cucumber, celery and torn lettuce leaves together.
- When the sausages are cooked, remove from the grill and keep to one side.
- Place the Parma ham under the grill for 3 mins until crispy.
- Slice each sausage into three pieces and scatter over the salad, then drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Peel the eggs and cut into halves. Roughly chop the grilled Parma ham and scatter with the eggs, Parmesan and croutons on top to serve.
This recipe uses Chicken Italia chipolatas, but works equally well with our other Chicken sausages! Spring, Simply, Naked, Smoky Paprika, Zesty or Spring. You could also try it with out Thai-Style Turkey chipolatas!