Prep time: 1hr 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
240g of strong white flour
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of yeast
150ml of water
15ml of olive oil
Either use ready-made passata
1 tin of tomatoes
1 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 pinch of dried herbs
1 pinch of sugar
4 Simply Chicken Chipolatas
200g of mozzarella cheese, grated
120g of fig preserve
1 white onion, sliced
1 tbsp of brown Sugar
Splash of oil
Handful of basil leaves
4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Turn the grill on and place your chipolatas underneath. Grill for 12-15 minutes, remembering to turn half way for an even browning.
- To caramelise the onions, place your onions in a frying pan over a low heat with the brown sugar and a little oil. Give a good stir and cover with a lid. Leave to cook for about 30-45 minutes, remembering to stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- If you’re making your own sauce, put all the ingredients in a pan. Bring to the boil on the hob then simmer gently for 15mins.
- Remove the chipolatas from the grill and leave to one side.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering put the flour, salt and yeast into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the middle begin to add the water slowly, kneading with your hands so the contents combine & forms a dough. You may not need all the water, so add a little bit at a time.
- Put the ball of dough into a bowl and leave to rise while you prepare the toppings.
- Once risen, put the dough onto a floured surface and shape into a circular base.
- Transfer the dough onto a greased baking tray (or a silicon non-stick tray).
- Spread the sauce over the dough with a spatula or the back of a spoon, leaving a bit of space round the edge so you make a crust.
- Dollop the fig preserve on top of the sauce and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle your cheese over the sauce.
- Chop your chipolatas with either a pair of scissors or a knife and add to the pizza. Once loaded, leave to rise for an hour.
- Preheat the fan oven to 220 degrees C.
- Place your pizzas in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and to serve, top with basil leaves and spring onion.
- Slice and enjoy with your favourite sauce!