Prep time â€“ 15 minutes
Cook time â€“ 1 hour
4 Feck! Pork Sausages
250ml of water or ale/stout
Pork or beef stock (use a cube, jelly sachet or fresh, it’s really up to you) - you can replace the water with ale/stout to give more flavour
100ml of milk
Large knob of butter
200g of broccoli
Sprigs of parsley
- Peel your potatoes & cut in half.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan & cover will cold water. Add a pinch of salt and cover with lid. Put on hob over a high heat and bring to boil.
- Wait 10 minutes, then pour some of the water out (about 2/3) then return to the hob over a gentle heat. Steam the potatoes for a further 30 minutes until tender.
- To make your gravy, put a knob of butter in a pan and add your sliced onion. Lower the temperature and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes until soft and nearly translucent.
- Gradually add your stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. You could always replace some of the water with some ale for a beery tang. When bubbling, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until thick. You may want to add some plain or corn flour to the mix to thicken.
- Put your FECK! sausages under the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden. If ready before your potato, put into the oven on a low heat to keep warm.
- Remove the outer, tough leaves from the cabbage. Wash the remaining cabbage & cut into quarters, discarding the core. Cut your cabbage into slices of about 5mm thick.
- Put the cabbage into a large saucepan. Add your milk and simmer for about 5 minutes until tender.
- In another little saucepan, fill with boiling water & some salt. Add your broccoli & cook for 3-4 minutes.
- When your potatoes are soft, drain and mash with butter, salt & pepper.
- Drain your cabbage and stir into the mash. Season to taste.
- Dain your broccoli.
- Remove gravy from heat and transfer to a jug.
- Present your colcannon, mash, broccoli and gravy onto a plate and serve immediately. Use some parsley to garnish.