2 x packs HECK Chicken Italia Meatballs
1 red pepper, thinly sliced or diced
1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced or diced
210g cherry tomatoes cut into halves
175g white quinoa
175g bulgur wheat
2 handfuls basil, finely chopped
2 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
55ml olive oil
Juice of 1 large Lemon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Zest of ½ lemon
100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing
220g natural yoghurt
30g Harissa paste
Juice 1 small lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / gas mark 5.
- To make the tabbouleh, place the quinoa, bulgur wheat, half of the olive oil, garlic and water into a deep baking tray and bake for 25-30min.
- Toss the chopped peppers together in a little olive oil, put onto a shallow baking tray and roast in the oven alongside the quinoa for 15 min.
- When the quinoa and peppers are cooked place them to one side and allow them to cool.
- Now mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice and harissa and season to taste.
- Carefully skewer the meatballs ready for the BBQ. Allow 3-4 meatballs per skewer/person. Cook over hot coals for 10-12 mins, turning frequently (cooking times will vary depending on your BBQ heat – always make sure the meat is cooked through and juices run clear before serving).
- As the meatballs are cooking, carry on preparing your tabbouleh. Mix the peppers with the cooked quinoa and bulgar wheat, then add the chopped herbs, tomatoes, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Pile the tabbouleh on a big plate and place the kebabs on top. Drizzle with dressing and finally sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and little more chopped parsley or basil.