Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 25mins
10 HECK Chicken Italia Chipolatas
3 tbsp olive oil
2 red onions, peeled and sliced
2 sprigs of rosemary, roughly broken up
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp capers
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
4 slices of focaccia
2 dried chillies
Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chipolatas and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Next add the onions and rosemary to the same pan, then sprinkle over the sugar. Fry for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally until the sausages are golden brown.
- Add the sherry vinegar, capers, tomatoes, chillies and a dash of water to keep everything moist. Cover with a lid and cook for a further 10 minutes until the sausages are cooked through. The onions and tomatoes also need to be soft.
- Preheat a griddle pan and toast the focaccia for 1 – 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve 2 sausages on each slice of toast and a good helping of the onion and tomato sauce.
- Remove the chillies if desired then grind over some black pepper.