Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35mins
2 HECK! Chicken Italia Burgers
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped or crushed
6 basil leaves
1/2 an onion, diced
- Split each burger into quarters and roll into small balls in your hands.
- Fry the meatballs off gently in a pan with a little oil until they are lightly browned. This is best over a medium heat to make sure you cook right to the middle without burning the outside.
- In another pan, add a drop of oil and your chopped onion. Cover with a lid, place on a low heat and fry for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Pour a kettle full of boiling water into a small pan and add the pasta. Boil for 12 mins until al dente.
- Remove lid from the onion pan and add in the chopped tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium heat. Gently simmer for 15-20 mins then add in the cooked meatballs.
- Drain the water from pasta using a colander.
- Plate up half the pasta and put the other half in a lunch box. If you don't have any left in the cupboard, you can use rice instead.
- Spoon over the meatballs and sauce. Finish by adding some fresh or dried basil.
- Whilst you enjoy your dinner, leave the lid off your lunch box so the contents cools before storing in the fridge for your lunch the next day.