Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 25mins
10 HECK Chicken Italia Chipolatas
250g of trimmed asparagus
75g radish, thinly sliced
30g parmesan shavings
1 handful of basil leaves
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100g sun blushed tomatoes
Balsamic vinegar spray (if you can’t readily find this in the shops, decant balsamic vinegar into a small spray bottle and use this instead)
- When the BBQ is ready to start cooking, place the sausages onto the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the food is ready to eat. Insert into the sausages and if it reads over 74oC then they are safe and ready to eat. Remove from the grill and leave to rest on a plate.
- Now take the asparagus and add a few twists of black pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well.
- Place the asparagus on the BBQ/grill for 2 minutes. Then turn over the asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- To make the salad, remove the asparagus from the grill and place into a shallow dish, add the sun blushed tomatoes, the remaining olive oil and a few sprays of balsamic vinegar. Give it all a stir.
- Take the warm asparagus salad and divide between four plates. Divide the sausages on top of the asparagus salad and then scatter over the sliced radish and some torn basil leaves.
- To finish, scatter over the parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
This recipe was made using our Chicken Italia chipolatas, but works equally as well using our other chicken varieties!