Prep Time: 30 mins - Cook Time: 20 mins - Makes 15
A delicious addition to your curry night! These are fun to make and create a beautiful smell throughout the kitchen. Serve with a minty raita dip.
500g HECK Vegan Mince
2 tbsp oil
1 Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 x 400g Tin Black Beans
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
200g Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 pack Filo Pastry
2—3 tbsp Flour, mixed with water for a paste
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Begin by heating the oil in a frying pan and sweating off the onions
- Next, add in the mince. Break up & fry off until browned
- Now throw in the garlic, chilli, cumin and black beans
- Once everything is cooked through, transfer to a bowl and mix well before stirring through the cheese
- Before starting the Samosa process, make sure mixture is must be fully cooled
- Cut the filo pastry into strips about 3.5 inches in width
- Face them lengthways towards you. Now put a spoonful (approx. 1 tbsp) of the mixture at the top right of each of the strips. Fold the top left corner over the mixture, bringing it in line with the straight right-side of the pastry.
- Now grab the top corner of the right-side and fold again, bringing over to the left.
- Dab your finger along the final bit of pastry before folding over to ensure the filling is sealed. Repeat this process until you’ve used all the pastry.
- Place the neatly folded Samosas on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 mins until crispy & golden.
- Remove and serve up hot!
Suitable for home freezing. Store for up to 3 months