Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 35 - Serves: 3
Amazing vegan enchiladas stuffed with mixed beans, cauliflower, red pepper and spinach, topped with yummy passata. The perfect Mexican night in!
- 6 Heck! Vegfurter Sausages
- 500g Passata
- 2 cans Mixed Beans
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Small Cauliflower ( chopped into bitesized chunks)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Baby Spinach
- 200g Grated Vegan Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Wholewheat Torilla Wraps
- 20g Coriander (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 200'C
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil until simmering. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cauliflower and red pepper, stir, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 9 minutes, or until the cauliflower is just starting to soften and turn golden on the edges.
- In another frying pan, at a medium to high heat add 1 tbsp of oil. once the pan is hot, place in the 6 vegfurters in the pan and cook for 12-14mins, turning occassionally.
- Add the cumin and cinnamon to the cauliflower, red pepper, onion and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach, a few handfuls at a time, stirring until it has reduced in size. Repeat with remaining spinach and cook until all of the spinach has wilted.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a medium mixing bowl. Add the drained beans, 1/4 of the cheese and 2 tbsp of passata. Season with some freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the enchiladas: Pour 1/4 of the passata into your prepared pan and tilt it from side to side until the bottom of the pan is evenly coated.
- To assemble your first enchilada, spread a tbsp of filling mixture down the middle of a tortilla, then place the vegfuter on top, down the middle of the wrap, then snugly wrap the left side over and then the right, to make a wrap.
- Place it seam side down against the edge of your pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas, filling and Vegfurters.
- Drizzle the remaining Passata evenly over the enchiladas, leaving the tips of the enchiladas bare. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese evenly over the enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, on the middle rack for 20 minutes. If the cheese on top isn’t golden enough for your liking, carefully transfer the enchiladas to the upper rack of the oven and bake for an additional 3 to 6 minutes, until sufficiently golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let the enchiladas rest for 10 minutes (they’re super hot!). Before serving, sprinkle chopped coriander down the center of the enchiladas. Serve immediately!