Prep time: 25 mins - Cook time: 10-15 mins - Makes 6
Give these flavour-packed vegan corndogs a try at home. Serve with a drizzle of sauce, but feel free to dip and dunk as you please!
Ingredients1 pack HECK Vegfurters
150g fine cornmeal
80g plain flour
2 tsp sugar
1⁄2 tsp yellow mustard powder
1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
2 heaped tbsp aquafaba (whipped chickpea water)
210ml soya milk
Oil for frying (rapeseed or sunflower)
- Whip up your chickpea water with an electric whisk for 5-7 minutes until stiff peaks are formed to create your aquafaba.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, mustard, cayenne, salt, baking powder and black pepper, then stir in the soya milk and 2 heaped tablespoons of the aquafaba.
- Pat the Vegfurters dry, and carefully push them onto large skewers, almost all the way through.
- Transfer the batter to a large thin container in which you can fully submerge the sausages.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large, deep pan for about 20 minutes, then carefully dip your sausages into the batter and gently move them around to fully coat. Carefully remove them from the batter and allow for a little excess to drip off, then transfer them into the hot oil with caution. Continue to flip and fry until all sides are golden.
- Remove from the pan and place onto a kitchen oil to remove any excess oil.
- Serve with a drizzle of mustard and ketchup.