Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 20mins- Serves: 4
This recipe is perfect comfort food or even a rainy day. Hot noodle broth with a kick of chilli, add your favourite veggies and of course our Vegan Breakfast Sausages.
- 1 Pack Heck Vegan Breakfast Sausages
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 150g of thread fine noodles
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- ½ tsp of ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 heaped tbsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into strips
- 100g of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1400 ml of boiling water
- 4 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Fresh coriander
- Salad onions
- Boil the kettle. Place your noodles into a small mixing bowl or jug and then pour in the water. Leave to soften for a few minutes, drain then set aside.
- In a deep pan add the oil and heat. Add the garlic, ginger and other spices and cook off for 2 minutes.
- Now add the onion, carrot, mushrooms & some salt. Stir thoroughly and cook for a further minute until all the veggies are covered in spices.
- Pour in the boiling water. Cover pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- In another pan add splash of oil and heat before adding the sausages. Cook the sausages for 10 - 12mins on a medium to high heat, turning regularly to get an even browning.
- Remove lid and add the spinach, followed by the noodles. Chop in the sausages and give the pan a stir. You may want to add a bit more salt at this stage, season to taste.
- Remove from heat & serve up, making sure each bowl gets plenty of broth.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and salad onions.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||0.4g||1.9g|
|of which Sugars||1.7g||8.6g|