Prep Time: 10 mins - Cook Time: 40 mins – Serves 2
This recipe is bursting with fresh vegetables, herbs and is completely vegan and gluten-free. Vegan spaghetti Bolognese makes a perfect family dinner, it is filling and high in plant-based protein, plus it's so easy to make!
500g HECK Vegan Mince
2 tsp olive oil
50g Chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
1 medium aubergine (diced)
1 white onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (pureed)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 vegetable stock cube (mixed with 150ml boiling water)
1 tsp oregano
A handful of fresh basil finely chopped (leaving some whole for garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, fry until translucent.
- Reduce the heat and move the onion and garlic to the edge of the pan. Add a tsp of oil, then add the mushroom, aubergine and carrot.
- Cover the pan for 15 minutes, stirring regularly until the vegetables soften.
- Add the mince and use a spatula to break it up and mix it in with the veg.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Now add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and veg stock. Mix everything together.
- Cover and leave to cook for 15 minutes over a low-medium heat.
- Whilst the bolognese is cooking, cook the spaghetti as per the instructions.
- Serve the bolognese over the spaghetti with some fresh basil on top.